Monday, December 15, 2008

State of the Ruck address

Photobucket


So as you can see this is not good... The Ruck has been down for quite sometime b/c I've been messing with the carb. I bought a larger one to instal b/c in theory more air=more power. From my research a lot of people say that the big carb is too much for a 49cc engine to handle. I'm not so sure about that, but what I am sure of is it is a pain in the ass to tune. So much so that after about 2 months of fucking with it I ripped it out and sold it. I have gone back to the stock carb but I have still altered the air intake system. So I need to tune and jet this carb but it's cold as balls right now and it gets dark at 230 in the afternoon. I also ordered a complete stock intake system from a Total Ruckus member which came today. This way I can see if I've just totally fucked the carb up, or if I just need to jet it. To do this up right, I need to invest in an air/fuel ratio gauge. This are mad expensive, about $300 or so. I am hoping I find one I can rent or borrow. Maybe I should just take the plunge and buy one b/c I'll have to go through this whole process again.

This is what it looks like w/o the stock air box. Pretty sick if I do say so myself, I need and extension kit.

Photobucket

I also ordered a Daytona Gas tank cover from another TR member. Hopefully I will have that in about a week or so. Not it won't look like ass w/o the floor board.

Photobucket

No comments: